Linear or rotational movements in offshore and onshore projects
The TECDOS OMEGA DRIVE drive, with to its characteristic shape and loop angle of 180 degrees which gave it its name, is especially suitable for continuous linear movements (linear drive) or rotational movements. It is typically used in onshore and offshore projects to move harbour and ships' cranes, to align and adjust ship loaders and unloaders and also to open and close cargo space covers. When rotating, the OMEGA drive is also used to lift and lower platforms, drive ferries and extend telescopic booms and skidding systems.
Drive technology that is unaffected by load movement or component movement
Depending on the task, the OMEGA drive is attached to the load to be moved, which it then pulls along the round steel chain or moves from a different location. Unlike chain drives, this system is completely unaffected by movements in the surface underneath it or the load itself due to thermal expansion and contraction, or any kind of twist, because the round steel chain compensates for these types of discrepancies.
Rugged drive technology
The OMEGA DRIVE is more resistant to dirt, sand, ice, etc. than rack and sprocket solutions. Electro-mechanical drives are easier to mount and can tolerate variations in alignment.
Also available as a complete system with an electrical drive.
Its modular design means this system can be driven by electrical, hydraulic or pneumatic motors. You can also order the OMEGA DRIVE drive with an electric motor as a complete system/global concept.
Application areas of TECDOS OMEGA DRIVE
RUD OMEGA DRIVE is the solution: for moving ship cranes, tracking solar panels to the sun, or simply traversing a machine.
• Linear travel, fixed drive and moving chain / equipment
• Moving drive and fixed chain / equipment
• Fixed drive and rotating chain / equipment
• Fixed chain, drive / equipment moving along curved path
Advantages of OMEGA DRIVE
• OMEGA DRIVE even runs even when other drives or chains reach their limits
• Resistant to ice, dirt, rain and aggressive environments
• Approval by major maritime classification societies possible
• Mobile or fixed drive, depending on what you need
• Chain speed 1 - 6 m/minute with full load, up to12 m/minute with part load
• Special painting possible