THE CHAIN WEAR IS COMPENSATED FOR BY USING A NEW TOOTH SEGMENT WITH LARGER TOOTH FLANK.
Tooth discs and individual teeth, optimally adapted to the proportional chain extension given at the time of replacement. Available in dimensions 10 × 38 to 38 × 144 for all multi-part sprocket wheels. Prices on request!
Applications of toothed segments with increased pitch circle diameter
Previous: Chain runs aground
Indications of too heavily work chain:
• Uneven run,
• Hook formation at rear tooth flank,
• Flank clearance used up,
• Strong vibration at the drive,
• Chain falls only after several teeth on chain link support of the teeth
Later: The chain wear is compensated for by using a new tooth segment with larger tooth flank.
• Sprocket wheels with increased pitch circle diameter.
• Replaceable tooth segments / individual teeth increase the life cycle of the complete sprocket wheel
Advantages of the RUD tooth segments with increased pitch circle diameter
• Chain wear is compensated by using tooth segment
• Increase the life cycle of the complete sprocket wheel
• Danger of chain skipping due to wear-induced chain extension decreases
Product variants and technical data of the toothe segments with increased pitched circle diameter
Run-in behaviour of worn chain at the driving gear:
A: Distance of horizontal chain link – horizontal link support at the tooth (approx. 30 – 35 mm)
B: S ynchronisation of vertical link at the outermost tip of the tooth
In case of new chain components, the horizontal link is on the horizontal link support of the tooth when running-in on the ﬁrst tooth of the sprocket wheel. Chain elongation due to wear results in the chain mounting in the direction of the tooth tip. In this case, the vertical link is only taken from the tooth tip and there exists the danger of skipping the chain.
RUD recommends toothed sprockets with increased limb support of the tooth segments in order to be able to exploit the service life of the entire round link steel chain.
IN CASE OF NEW CHAINS, NEW TOODTH DISCS / INDIVIDUAL CHAINS SHOUL ALWAYS BE USED.